OUR PART # VR-50HD
With Single-person operation of sound and picture using faders, buttons, and touch screen, the Roland VR-50HD all-in-one AV mixer beautifully integrates an audio mixer, video switcher, multi-viewer touch screen and USB video/audio streaming into a stand-alone device. It's a complete portable HD studio in a single unit, delivering functionality that until now required a number of peripheral devices to accomplish. This portable live HD production solution is ideal for schools, churches, council meetings, corporate events, sports, trainings, or any other live event.
Application example 1 (refer to diagrams under the "Documentation" tab): AV Studio and Live Streaming
Until now, achieving a high-definition AV studio with live streaming required a large amount of equipment: video switchers, audio mixers, converters for adjusting the input signals of devices with different resolutions, LCD monitors, and so on.
The VR-50HD is an all-in-one device - a complete high-definition production center in a single unit.
You can connect cameras, computers, Blu-ray players, DVD players, microphones, iPads, and more for use as input devices, without having to worry about whether the equipment is analog or digital or what formats they output. In addition to HD-SDI and HDMI output for HD recording equipment, the unit also provides USB 3.0 and 2.0 output. This enables the ability to connect a computer and perform live streaming and recording. All digital video output connectors include embedded audio as well.
Application example 2 (refer to diagrams under the "Documentation" tab): Presentations and Live Events
You never know what kind of material on what devices/media will be brought to a presentation or live event. The notebook computers that presenters bring can have a variety of connectors from VGA to DVI, HDMI, and others. Resolutions are also diverse, and quick accommodation is not always possible. Use of commercially available Blu-ray discs and DVDs can also run into the problem of playback being restricted by HDCP.
The VR-50HD resolves such issues without the need for any additional equipment.
Even when input devices use different resolutions, internal scalers perform automatic conversion to the optimal resolution. The built-in scalers also let you expand and reduce video and still images however you like for perfect framing. The VR-50HD features an HDCP mode that lets you input and switch commercial digital video from sources such as Blu-ray discs or game consoles encoded using HDCP digital copyright management technology. This is a multi-format AV mixer that you can count on to handle whatever material turns up on-site.
*In HDCP mode, only HDMI output can be used. Use of SDI, RGB/Component, Composite, analog audio output is not possible.
*Commercial use of content requires the permission of the copyright-holder.
12 input, 4-Channel Multi-format Video Switcher
At total of 12 HDMI, 3G/HD/SD-SDI/SDI, RGB/COMPONENT, and composite inputs are provided. In addition to professional HD cameras, you can connect equipment that ranges from computers and Blu-ray and DVD players to video cameras using composite output. The unit features multi-format specifications that allows you to never have to worry about differences in resolution among input devices.
*6 channel switching is possible when not using compositing features such as PinP and Key.
Built-In Preview Touch Monitor
The VR-50HD is equipped with a large 7" touch-panel LCD screen that enables truly intuitive operation. Using the seven-way multi-viewer to display four input pictures, composited material, and program out simultaneously eliminates the need for external monitors. You can also switch to quad multi-view. Advanced settings for picture and sound can also be made using the touch panel, so you can get started right away without having to read the manual.
Four Layer Composition
The composition feature supports a total of four layers. This lets you place keyed video on picture-in-picture, then also superimpose a still picture imported into the unit's internal memory over that. PinP and key compositing use independent scalers, so you can adjust the positions and sizes however you like. You can switch the effects on and off at any time using the dedicated composition buttons. You can set the order of succession for PinP, PinP/KEY, and STILL to your preference.
*The VR-50HD can store up to 4 still images in the internal memory.
*STILL position and size compositing cannot be adjusted.
12-Channel Digital Audio Mixer
The VR-50HD features a 12-channel digital audio mixer that mixes audio from cameras in addition to sound from four microphones, computers, and DVD players. Capturing and mixing 3G/HD/SD-SDI/HDMI audio in the audio mixer is also possible. Using the "Audio Follow" feature, you can even make the audio switch automatically from one source to another as the video source changes. Built-in delay and equalizer features make possible a broad range of use, from seminars to musical events.
USB 3.0 Video/Audio Output
The USB 2.0/3.0 output enables web streaming with ease by simply connecting to a computer running a live streaming service. Recording is equally simple by using QuickTime or the dedicated Windows/Mac capture software, the Video Capture for VR. The video format is up to 1080/59.94p through USB 3.0 and up to 720/29.97p through USB 2.0. The resolution and frame rate of video format and audio level and delay can be changed thanks to the dedicated scaler and the dedicated volume and delay for the USB output.
Video Capture for VR
Video Capture for VR is application software that captures video and audio signals output from the VR-50HD USB port and saves them to movie files on your connected Windows/Mac.
12-Channel Digital Audio Mixer:
12 Input, 4-Channel Multi-format Video Switcher
- 4:4:4 (RGB), 10-bit
- 4:2:2 (Y/Pb/Pr), 10-bit
- Input Connectors:
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI: BNC type x 4 (INPUT1--4)
Conforms to SMPTE 424M (SMPTE 425M-AB), 292M, 259M-C.
- HDMI(DVI-D): Type A (19-pin) x4 (INPUT 1--4)
- Analog RGB/HD-Component: Mini D-sub 15-pin type x 2 (INPUT 1--2)
- Analog Video (SD): Composite (BNC type) x 2 (INPUT 1--2)
INPUT 1-2: Select SDI, HDMI or Analog RGB, Composite using menu.
INPUT 3-4: Select SDI, HDMI using menu.
- Output Connectors:
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI: BNC type x 2 (PGM OUT, AUX OUT)
Conforms to SMPTE 424M (SMPTE 425M-AB), 292M, 259M-C
- HDMI (DVI-D): Type A (19-pin) x 3 (PGM OUT, AUX OUT, MULTI VIEW)
- Analog RGB/HD-Component: Mini D-sub 15-pin type x 2 (PGM OUT, AUX OUT)
- Input/Output Level and Impedance:
- Composite: 1.0 Vp-p 75 ohms
- Analog RGB: 0.7 Vp-p 75 ohms (H, V: 5 VTTL)
- Analog HD: 1.0 Vp-p 75 ohms (Sync-Signal: Bi-Level/Tri-Level)
Supported Video Formats:
- SDI: 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
Conforms to SMPTE 274M, SMPTE 296M, ITU-RBT.601-5.
- HDMI*: 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p,1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
1024 x 768/60Hz**,1280 x 720/60Hz**, 1280 x 800/60Hz**, 1280 x 1024/60Hz**, 1400 x 1050/60Hz, 1920 x 1080/60Hz
- HDMI (MULTI-VIEW Output)*: 1080/59.94p
- Component: 480/59.94i, 576/50i, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/59.94p, 720/50p,1080/59.94i, 1080/50i, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
- RGB*: 1024 x 768/60Hz**, 1280 x 720/60Hz**, 1280 x 800/60Hz**, 1280x1024/60Hz**, 1400 x 1050/60Hz, 1920 x 1080/60Hz
*Conforms to CEA-861-EorVESA DMT Version 1.0 Revision 11.
**Output refresh rate is 75 Hz when frame rate is set to 50 Hz.
- Composite: NTSC, PAL
- The video signal frame rate must match the unit’s frame rate setting.
- The output format of HDMI and RGB/Component is always the same.
- When a Video format is selected, component signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
- When a RGB format is selected, RGB signal is output from the RGB/COMPONENT connector.
- USB-VIDEO: 480/29.97p, 576/25p, 480/59.94p, 576/50p, 720/29.97p, 720/25p,720/59.94p, 720/50p, 1080/29.97p, 1080/25p, 1080/59.94p, 1080/50p
- Still Image: Windows® Bitmap File (.bmp)
Maximum 1920 x 1080pixels, 24-bit per pixel, uncompressed.
- Transition: Mix, Cut, Wipe (9 patterns)
- Composition: PinP, Chrominance Key, Luminance Key
- Others: Output Fade, Output Freeze, User Logo
- Audio Processing: Sampling Rate: 24-bit/48 kHz
- Input Connectors:
- AUDIO IN (1 to 4) jacks (XLR/TRS combo type)
XLR type: 1 GND, 2 HOT, 3 COLD
Phantom Power: DC 48 V (unloaded maximum), 5 mA (maximum load)
(Current value per channel).
- AUDIO IN (5 to 8) jacks (RCA phono type)
- AUDIO IN (9 to 12) jacks (TRS type)
- Output Connectors:
- AUDIO OUT L, R jacks (XLR-3-32 type)
XLR type: 1 GND, 2 HOT, 3 COLD
- AUDIO OUT L, R jacks (RCA phono type)
- PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4-inch phone type) (headphones)
- PHONES jack (Stereo miniature type) (headphones)
- Input Level and Impedance:
- XLR/TRS: -68 to +4 dBu (Maximum: +22 dBu,4 k ohms)
- RCA phono: -10 dBu (Maximum: +8 dBu, 11 k ohms)
- TRS: +4 dBu (Maximum: +22 dBu, 98 k ohms)
- Output Level and Impedance:
- XLR: +22 dBu (Maximum: +22 dBu, 600ohms)
- RCA phono: -10 dBu (Maximum: +8 dBu, 1 k ohms)
- Headphones: 25 mW + 25 mW, 20 ohms
- Audio Formats:
- SDI: Linear PCM, 24-bit, 48kHz, 2ch
SMPTE 299M, SMPTE 272M-C
- HDMI: Linear PCM, 24-bit, 48kHz, 2ch
- USB-AUDIO: Linear PCM, 16-bit, 48kHz, 2ch
- Audio Effects:
- Channel Effects: Compressor, Noise Gate, 3-Band EQ, Delay
- Master Effects: Mastering, 3-Band EQ, Reverb
- Remote MIDI: 5 pin DIN type (IN, OUT/THRU)
- RS-232C: D-sub 9 pin type x1
- USB 2.0 port (host): Hi-Speed USB: Type A (for USB memory)
- USB 3.0 port (device): Type B for USB-VIDEO (Super-Speed/Hi-Speed), USB-AUDIO (Full-Speed)
- Display: 7" Graphic color LCD 800 x 480 dots (touch screen)
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor DC 24V Secondary AC Adaptor DC 12 V to 16 V(XLR-4-32 type)
- Current Draw: 2.5 A (DC 24V)
- Operation Temperature: +32° to +104° Fahrenheit (+0° to +40° Celsius)
- Accessories: AC Adaptor, Power Cord, Owner's Manual
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17-1/8" x 12-1/16" x 5-7/8" (434mm x 306mm x 149mm)
- Weight: 11 lbs., 11 oz. (5.3 kg)